The Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies expansion includes 15 new survivors, 50 new crossroad cards, 43 new items, and 11 new crisis cards, many of which can be used with either Dead of Winter base set. However, to play either the warring colonies variant or the lone wolf module, you need both Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game and Dead of Winter: The Long Night.
In the warring colonies variant, which is for 4-11 players, unique main objectives set two colonies against each other as they battle for territory with a new fighting system that includes tactics cards, bullet tokens, and 12-sided combat dice. New and terrible joint-colony crisis cards force cooperation and coercion every round. New simultaneous turn mechanisms and a sand timer keep things moving at a brisk pace.
With the lone wolf module, which can be used with the warring colonies variant or on its own, one player is on a team all by themselves, hiding out in their lone wolf den and carrying out missions that affect both teams.
Part of the Dead of Winter series.
- THIS IS AN EXPANSION TO DEAD OF WINTER: Combine this box with a copy of Dead of Winter or Dead of Winter: The Long Night for a complete game experience.
- SURVIVAL GAME: Prepare for an all-out war between surviving colonies in the Warring Colonies expansion for Dead of Winter! A conflict is brewing over resources and territory and the fate of your colony is at stake.
- STRATEGY GAME: Pick a side or become the Lone Wolf, playing both sides to accomplish your secret goals. No matter what you choose, you’ll face plenty of new challenges in this harsh, zombie-infested world.
- MORE VARIABILITY: Expand your Dead of Winter games with new survivors, items, crossroads cards, and crisis cards. Compete for resources and territory with up to eleven players in the epic colony vs. colony variant.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This fun adventure game for teens and adults is made for 2 to 5 players and is suitable for ages 13 and older. Average playtime is approximately 60 to 120 minutes.