Explore the farthest reaches of Antarctica in Mountains of Madness, the second expansion for Eldritch Horror. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s novella about an Antarctic expedition ravaged by inhuman, prehistoric creatures, this expansion allows you to trace the doomed expedition’s path and enter the immense City of the Elder Things. What happens in Antarctica has worldwide repercussions – freshly-awakened horrors are spreading across the globe. Monsters and mysteries are surfacing in areas long considered safe. Eight investigators offer you new roles to play as you confront these chilling, inhuman threats. Numerous additional Assets, Spells, Artifacts and Conditions may help investigators or harm them, and for the first time, Adventures and Prelude cards shape the international struggle against the Ancient Ones. Do you have the strength to survive Antarctica’s frozen wastes, encounter the Mountains of Madness, and stave off the end of human civilization?
Mountains of Madness includes:
- A side board depicting the mysterious expanses of Antarctica
- One rulebook to guide your expedition
- Eight Investigator Sheets
- Two Ancient One sheets, with accompanying sets of Mythos and Mystery Cards
- 156 Encounter Cards and a multitude of Assets, Conditions, Gates, and Monsters
- THIS IS AN EXPANSION TO THE ELDRITCH HORROR BOARD GAME: Not a standalone product. You will need the Eldritch Horror base game in order to play with this expansion.
- THRILLING HORROR GAME: Something Ancient stirs! The elder things have awakened from their long slumber and their dark influence creeps outward. A few brave investigators head to Antarctica to find the source of the impending catastrophe. Only they can stop the coming doom or go mad in the attempt.
- COOPERATIVE MYSTERY GAME: Brave investigators team up to pit their skills and weapons against the threat of the Ancient One. Together they explore the remote corners of the globe, fight the nightmarish creatures that lurk in the shadows and solve the ancient mysteries of this Eldritch Horror!
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: This expansion introduces a new Antarctica side board along with 8 new investigators and new allies. Investigators can undertake personal tasks to gain powerful rewards. They will find a plethora of useful items, magic spells, hideous conditions and terrifying encounters awaiting them at the Mountains of Madness.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: The Eldritch Horror Board Game collection of scary games for game night is designed for 1 to 8 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average game time is approximately 2 to 4 hours.