• I noted in early December 2022 that Terraforming Mars had been optioned for a screen adaptation, but sometimes you don’t need to go to Hollywood to see adaptations of well-loved games.
Little Bridge, which BANG! designer Emiliano Sciarra describes as “a group of boys from Bologna who are passionate about cinema and games”, has released several chapters of a feature film based on BANG!. Says Sciarra, “[A]lthough it is obviously a production made without Hollywood means, it exudes passion for the game and western films!”
Here’s the trailer:
And the Little Bridge YouTube page, which features three chapters as of December 7, 2022: “L’inizio” (The Beginning), “Dispersi” (Dispersed), and “Devilgrin Creek”.
• In that Dec. 2022 post, I had included an item about a AI that performed well at Diplomacy, and helpful reader David Janik-Jones noted that computers have also mastered Stratego, as reported in Gizmodo:
More about that last point:
• In late November 2022, Géraldine Volders, head of sales and marketing for Repos Production and co-author of “Une histoire des jeux de société”, appeared on Belgian site RTL INFO to recommend games for the holiday season.
• Speaking of which, in early December 2022 on The New York Times’ Wirecutter, James Austin recommended four top strategy games: Root, Ark Nova, Lost Ruins of Arnak, and Brass: Birmingham.
• Also on NYT, David Segal and Dylan Loeb McClain profile chess player Hans Niemann and discuss that cheating accusations that have been leveled against him.
• In October 2022, YouTube channel Beyond the Bricks interviewed Eli Boschetto, who was presenting a fully LEGOized version of CATAN at BrickSlopes 2022 in Utah.